Saturday, December 20, 2014

Netted Scollop from Tatting and Netting


This Netted Scollop from page 107 of Tatting and Netting was very clear in its instructions.  I had no problem making it and, just as important, the instructions matched the picture.  I wish I knew who wrote the different instructions.  Some instructions are so clear and some are so difficult to understand.



I used a 1/4" flat mesh stick for the "large bone needle" and a #3 (3.25 mm) knitting needle for the "steel needle."

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

My husband and I finally finished our 2014 Christmas poem.


Peace I Give Unto You


The years have come and gone and each has had
A Christmas time in which we think about
The year just past.  Some years a birth has graced 
Our lives; some years a death. And yet, at this 
Blessed time of year when thoughts of Christ abound,
Love swells within our hearts and gives us peace.
Oh, let us take the life He lived, the things
He taught and showed us through the stories told,
And plant them deep within our hearts and souls,
To be there in the times of joy and grief,
To bring us nearer to our Lord and God.



Merry Christmas



No comments: