Today I looked down my list of digital books that contained netting patterns and picked one at random. I chose The Knitter's Casket: a new series of receipts in Knitting and Netting by Mrs Hope. It was published around 1848.
She included the following netting patterns.
- Dice-pattern Purse (page 70)
- Dice-pattern Purse with beads (page 72)
- Mat (page 73)
- Purses with Beads No. 1, Pine and Star (page 75)
- Purses with Beads No. 2, Pointed Pattern (page 78)
- Purses with Beads No. 3, Simple Bar Pattern (page 79)
One of these days I'm going to try some of these patterns.
But instead of doing that this week, I have been making a net bag for another baby shower.
This bag is the medium size of the circular bags included in my circular netting class.
I have also been working on the transcripts of the circular netting videos. I think I am done with everything except one video and its transcript. But to make that video, I'll have to do some more netting, after I finish the doily I'm making for a nephew and his new wife.