Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Knitter's Casket: a new series of receipts in Knitting and Netting


Today I looked down my list of digital books that contained netting patterns and picked one at random.  I chose The Knitter's Casket: a new series of receipts in Knitting and Netting by Mrs Hope.  It was published around 1848.

She included the following netting patterns.

  1. Dice-pattern Purse (page 70)
  2. Dice-pattern Purse with beads (page 72)
  3. Mat (page 73)
  4. Purses with Beads No. 1, Pine and Star (page 75)
  5. Purses with Beads No. 2, Pointed Pattern (page 78)
  6. Purses with Beads No. 3, Simple Bar Pattern (page 79)
I noticed online that she has another book, The Book of the Baby's Wardrobe in Knitting and Netting.  Unfortunately this book does not appear to be available in digital format yet.   

One of these days I'm going to try some of these patterns.







But instead of doing that this week, I have been making a net bag for another baby shower.





This bag is the medium size of the circular bags included in my circular netting class.

I have also been working on the transcripts of the circular netting videos.  I think I am done with everything except one video and its transcript.  But to make that video, I'll have to do some more netting, after I finish the doily I'm making for a nephew and his new wife.




No comments: