Saturday, May 18, 2019

Tiny Apple Seeds



Back on 10 November 2018, I mentioned creating a tiny doily from a larger one. I started making tiny doilies during an online graphics art class I was taking that semester. The class devoted one week to suggestions, ideas, and practices that encouraged creativity. We had to do some creative projects that week and I created the tiny doily. Once I started thinking about tiny doilies, I could not stop thinking about new and different patterns. At one point I had three come to my mind at about the same time and had to get my daughter to help me record them before I forgot the concepts I was trying to hold in my mind. While I did not make all of them that week, I made some and continued making them through Christmas break. Eventually I ended up with 24 doilies small enough to fit into the acrylic frames. This is the last one.

This is the center of the Plain Star from last week. I used tatting thread and a #2 knitting needle as the mesh stick. If I wanted smaller diamonds, I could use a smaller mesh stick and more rows.

















Instructions

Remember to tie a connecting knot (CK) at the end of each round to form the last loop of that round.


Apple Center

Round 1
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Form a grommet with 10 loops, the last one tied by hand with a connecting knot (CK). (10 loops in the round)

Round 2
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
*Net 2 knots in the next loop, net 1 knot in the next loop;* repeat from * to * ending with net 2 knots in last loop. (15 loops in the round)

Round 3
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in the next loop, *net 2 knots in the next loop, net 1 knot in each loop for 2 loops;* repeat from * to * ending with net 2 knots in the last loop. (20 loops in the round)

Round 4
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop for 2 loops, *net 2 knots in the next loop, net 1 knot in each loop for 3 loops;* repeat from * to * ending with net 2 knots in the last loop. (25 loops in the round)

Round 5
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop for 3 loops, *net 2 knots in the next loop, net 1 knot in each loop for 4 loops;* repeat from * to * ending with net 2 knots in the last loop. (30 loops in the round)

Round 6
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop for 4 loops; *net 2 knots in the next loop, net 1 knot in each loop for 5 loops;* repeat from * to * ending with net 2 knots in the last loop. (35 loops in the round)


Round 7
mesh stick: #2 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop. (35 loops in each round)

1 comment:

Mamatha Sri said...

Great post, Thank you for sharing and keep posting on Ramtej Safety mesh in Hyderabad.