Monday, May 27, 2019

Shawl Pin


For the past several years I have spent the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend at the Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair in Cummington, Massachusetts. This year was no exception. I spent most of my time in the fiber tent demonstrating netting. Before we headed for home, my youngest daughter, who had also been demonstrating netting, suggested we take a look at the booth that was labeled "Shawl Pins." So we did.

Leslie Wind had never seen a net shawl, but within minutes she had created a pin which  prevents my net shawls from sliding off my shoulders. She tried to get me to create one, but my creative juices had all been used up with 6 hours of demonstrating.


Here is the pin with the shawl I wore to church on Sunday. The shawl, made of ribbon yarn, did not slide off my shoulders at all.

Check out her website to see other creative shawl pins and a wide variety of different types of jewelry: http://www.lesliewind.com.


No comments: