Saturday, June 15, 2013

Best of Everything by Robert Kemp Philp


Although he is not listed by name on the title page of Best of Everything, many sources indicate that Robert Kemp Philp is the author.  The title page states the book is "by the author of 'Enquire Within.'"  Best of Everything, published in 1870, contains only one page on netting.  While the descriptions are brief, if you know what you are doing, the instructions make sense.  Another digitized copy can be found here.

  1. Hints on Netting (page 278)
  2. Implements (page 278)
  3. Diamond Netting (page 278)
  4. Square Netting (page 278)
  5. Honeycomb Netting (page 278)
  6. Herring-bone Netting (page 278)

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

I created this doily pattern several years ago. Since I did not have a digital camera then and had to rely on a photocopy machine to let me record what a doily looked like, I could only record part of the doily.  I recently made it again so I could get a photo of the entire doily.  



I must have been watching Star Trek or Star Wars when I finished it since it reminded me of a wormhole or star gate.  I called it Stargate.

No comments: