Saturday, February 11, 2012

Belts Made Using Netting


Two young ladies I know have been trying to convince me to make a belt out of netting.  Not the kind of belt that holds up your pants, but a decorative belt to be worn somewhere between the waist and the hips.

Eventually I made a couple.





The first one is made using plain diamond-mesh netting.





To make it look a bit different, a strand of yarn is woven through the meshes from one end of the belt to the other. 









The second belt is made using square mesh netting.  The pattern for this belt will be included in the Square-Mesh Netting class which is almost done.












Both belts have fringe handing from each end of the belt.

After I was finished, I realized that these belts could also be used as scarves.


No comments: