Saturday, April 13, 2019

Tiny Halo


Serendipity struck again in my netting. I wanted a tiny doily with a simple center that would end with many rounds of plain small mesh. I started with a 3/8" mesh stick for the large mesh stick and a #3 knitting needle for the small mesh. When I finished 448 knots and 8 yards of tatting thread later, the diameter was 2.75 inches. What was the problem? To keep it tiny, I could only have two rounds of small mesh for the final rows. I had a new tiny doily, different from what I had planned.































Here are the instructions:

Remember to tie a connecting knot (CK) at the end of each round to form the last loop of that round.

Regular Center
Round 1
mesh stick: 3/8” flat
Form a grommet with 32 loops, the last one tied by hand with a connecting knot (CK). (32 loops in the round)

Rounds 2-5
mesh stick: #3 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop. (32 loops in each round)

Carrots Increase Stitch
Round 6
mesh stick: 3/8” flat
 Net 2 knots in loop formed by CK, net 3 knots in all other loops. (96 loops in the round)

Rounds 7-8
mesh stick: #3 knitting needle
Net 1 knot in each loop. (32 loops in each round)















No comments: