Saturday, July 18, 2015

Netted Nightcap Border from Tatting and Netting


The Netted Nightcap found on page 146 of this version of Tatting and Netting looks like a fun piece of netting to try.  However, since I am currently focusing on edges and borders, I decided to just make the border.





I used a 1/8" and 1/4" mesh sticks.  I began the sample with an odd number of loops and net 3 rows of plain netting on the 1/8" mesh stick.

Row 4:  Using the larger mesh, net 3 knots in each loop.

Row 5-6: Using the smaller mesh stick, net 1 knot in each loop.

Row 7: Using the smaller mesh stick, net 1 knot in the first loop, *skip a loop, net 1 knot in the next loop*; repeat from * to *.


I made a variation of this edge by changing row 4 as follows: net 3 knots in the first loop, *skip a loop, net 3 knots in the next loop*; repeat from * to *.  All the other rows were the same.

This is how the variation looked.





No comments: