Saturday, June 27, 2015

Border of the Oriental Pattern for Long Window Curtains from Tatting and Netting


The Border of the Oriental Pattern for Long Window Curtains is found on page 142 of this version of Tatting and Netting. The instructions said to use a large and a small mesh stick and then it mentioned using a 1/2" mesh stick.  The first time I made the edge, I used the 1/2" mesh stick as the large mesh stick and a #3 knitting needle (1/8")  for the small mesh stick. The sample looked like this.





Since the last row look much bigger than the illustration in Tatting and Netting, I decided to try again. I used a 1/4" mesh stick for the large one and a 1/8" mesh stick for the small one.  I used the 1/2" mesh stick just on the row it was mentioned.

This second sample looked more like the illustration in Tatting and Netting.


No comments: