Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why I make netting class patterns several times


In May, 2012, I displayed photos of the net dishcloths I've designed for my circular netting class.  Recently I remade the same dishcloths using colored yarn.  I've learned that by making them a second and maybe a third time, I will often pick up mistakes I made when I wrote the instructions.


Carrots Net Dishcloth
Skirt Net Dishcloth







There was not much to fix on the Carrots Net Dishcloth or the Skirt Net Dishcloth instructions.






I needed to make several changes to the Fan Net Dishcloth pattern.  I had to increase the size of some of the mesh sticks and change the placement of the Fan Stitches.  After a couple of tries, I ended up with a larger dishcloth, fewer knots, but about the same amount of yarn used.

Fan Net Dishcloth


Even though I had to net this pattern more times than the other two patterns, I like the results. 

I wonder what would happen if I used a 3/8" gauge for the large mesh stick instead of the small mesh stick.  I wonder if it would fit on top of a net bookmark.  I wonder . . . 




No comments: