Monday, November 26, 2007

Circular Net Shawl -- Finished!


It's done! And I like the way it turned out.

Actually the netting part has been done for a few weeks, but the blocking has been on hold while I created a blocking board . But once that was made I actually blocked the netting on Friday and wore it to church on Sunday.

The shawl will open out to a full circle, but when I tried to block it that way, I pulled too hard and snapped the double strand of yarn that held the center loops together. After I re-threaded them onto a doubled, double strand of yarn, I decided to fold it in half and block it that way, thereby putting less strain on the center.

If I were to try it again, and I probably will, I think I will use yarn that is heavier than the lace-weight I used this time and see how it works up with a thicker yarn.

2 comments:

Avitalp said...

Your shawl is gorgeous!!

Avital

the boogeyman's wife said...

that looks pretty......but also really fragile, more than other shawls. i know i'd put i a hole in it sooner or later ;)