Here are the second set of photos and generic instructions for making a rectangle of square-mesh starting from the middle. The photos and instructions given below are for rectangles that have an even width and an odd length or an odd width and an even length.
|Rectangle of Square-Mesh – 4 x 7 squares - Starting from the Middle|
|Rectangle of Square-Mesh – 3 x 6 squares - Starting from the Middle|
I made it with size 20 crochet thread, and used a #8 and a #6 knitting needle.
Before starting the actual netting:
- Fill a netting needle or shuttle with thread or cord.
- Attach it to a foundation loop. To do this:
- Tie a slip knot in the thread or cord coming from the needle or shuttle. Leaving a tail, at least 2 to 3 inches.
- Slip the foundation-loop cord through the slipknot.
- Tie the foundation-loop cord into a circle thereby creating a foundation loop.
- Tighten the slipknot.
- Attach the foundation loop to a tension device.
- Choose a mesh stick.