I wondered if there would be a difference if I used an even number of squares. So I tried it.
Here are my instructions for creating this piece of square-mesh netting.
I made it with size 5 crochet thread, and used a #8 and a #6 knitting needle.
Before starting the actual netting:
- Fill a netting needle or shuttle with thread or cord.
- Attach it to a foundation loop. To do this:
- Tie a slip knot in the thread or cord coming from the needle or shuttle. Leaving a tail, at least 2 to 3 inches.
- Slip the foundation-loop cord through the slipknot.
- Tie the foundation-loop cord into a circle thereby creating a foundation loop.
- Tighten the slipknot.
- Attach the foundation loop to a tension device.
- Choose a mesh stick.
- Remove the mesh stick and turn the work so that the next row can be worked from left to right. (This will be done at the end of each row.)