Not every net Vandyke with one extra point on the outer side of the first and last Vandykes has only one final Vandyke. It is possible to have two or more Vandykes involved in creating the last vertical side of the Vandyke. This Vandyke 12 border squares, 3 points along the inner Vandykes, and 4 points along the outer side of the first and last Vandykes.
- Remove the foundation loop from row 1 of the netting.
- Tie the tail onto a tapestry needle, which is used in place of the netting needle.
- Place the foundation-loop cord through another row of meshes.
- Tie the foundation-loop cord into a circle and attach it to a tension device.
- Net the first two loops together without using a mesh stick.