Published in 1867, The Home Book of Pleasure and Instruction was edited by Mrs. R. Valentine. The title page then goes on to list 17 contributors: Mrs. Aylmer, Edward Dalziel, Miss Dyson, Mrs. English, Miss Hartshorne, Rev. C. Hartshorne, Miss Johnson, Mrs. Maule, Captain McCoy, Mrs. Mee and Miss Austin, Mrs. Ogilvy, Miss Peard, Miss Stephens, Albert Warren, Henry Warren, Elizabeth Watts, and Miss Yonge. The Contents page often lists which of the contributors the instructions came from.
The book includes the following netting information:
- Very Pretty Antimacassar on Net by Mrs. Mee and Miss Austin - with illustration (page 307)
- Edges in Netting by M. J. (page 307
- Another and Wider Edging by M. J. (page 308)
- Mignotte Netting by M. J. (page 308)
- A Pretty Edging or Frill in Netting by M. J. (page 308)