Last week I entered a list of net items contained in Mee's Companion to the Worktable. Because of that, I thought this week I should look into what was in The Work-Table Magazine or Church and Decorative Needlework (vol 1). This book is by Mrs. Mee and Miss Austin. The copy that is online was published in 1847.
- Doily (page 19)
- Diamond Netting (page 24)
- Grecian stitch open (page 33)
- Curtains, in stripes of small and large diamonds (page 39)
- Purse - simple and elegant pattern (page 46)
- Purse, with beads (page 57)
- Mat (page 64)
- Shawl - novel and exquisite pattern (page 73)
- Chair cover (page 123)
- Necktie (page 133)
This bookmark uses the small circle Web at the top.
The length of the bookmark is the same one used earlier for the bookmark Magic. It combines the Plain Stitch and the Beet Stitch and ends in a point.
I could have put a tassel on this bookmark, but chose not to do so (I had enough thread left to make another one).
Here also I could have ended with a point, but again I chose to use up the thread with a tassel.