I discovered that I have links to two books named The Knitter's Friend. One is by Mrs. Gaugain and the other is by Mrs. Hope. They both contain netting patterns. I wrote about The Knitter's Friend by Mrs. Gaugain almost a month ago. Today I picked up The Knitter's Friend by Mrs. Hope. It was published about 1847.
There are instructions for 10 different items related to netting.
- Stirrup for Netting (page 44) - This is what I would call a tension device.
- Plain Netted Purse (page 78)
- Rounded Neckerchief (page 82)
- Invalid's Supporter (page 84)
- Double Netted Shawl (page 85)
- Circassian Cap (page 86 - picture included)
- Front of an Upright Piano, or A Window Blind (page 88)
- Cardinal Cape (page 90)
- Bottle Stand (page 93)
- Round Netted Doyley (page 94)