Saturday, July 16, 2016

Handkerchief with net edge - 1


About 3 years ago my oldest daughter asked me if I would be willing to net an edge around a handkerchief for each of her daughters.  Of course I said yes. It took some time to find the linen I wanted to use and to learn to hemstitch the edges (isn't the Internet a wonderful tool). Then I took the list of net edges I had found in old books and magazines I had located online and began to make them - one each week. I may find more net edges or borders in the future, but for now I have finished the ones I know about. I thought I should show the handkerchiefs with net edgings I have made so far. (I have 4 granddaughters old enough to chose the edge she wanted.)



Here is the first handkerchief I finished.



This is a close-up of the edge she wanted.



No comments: