This magazine or book came out yearly from 1859 through 1866. I have found four years of The What-not; or Ladies’ Handy-book and Monthly Magazine of Literature, Fashion and General Domestic Utility available in digital format - 1859 and 1860, 1861 and 1863. 1859 and 1860 are in the same digital file. The following netting patterns were found in those magazines.
- Anti-Macassar in Netting and Darning (page 90)
- Cover for Brioche Cushion in Netting and Darning (page 113)
- Berlin Cushion (page 209)
- 1860 [ found after page 318]
- Anti-Macassar in Netting and Darning (page 17)
- Ornamental Pincushion (page 169)
- Grate Apron - with illustration [combined crochet and netting] (page 216)
- Easy Chair Cover in Netting and Darning (page 153)
- Netted Shawl (page 279)
- Night-dress Envelope, in Netting and Darning (page 311)
- Fire-Grate Veil (page 312)
- Border for Curtains in Netting and Darning (page 382)
- Purse in Netting and Darning (page 383)
- Netted Window Curtain (page 56) [this page is found after page 383]
- Netted Toilet Table Drapery (page 114) [this page is found after page 383]
This week I finished a third net star. I called it Lacy Star.
Also this week I was given a link to some very creative netting: birds, fish, a moth, acorns, a lobster, and other things found in nature. You can see them at http://www.stephaniecrossman.com/. They are amazing.