Once I finished the rectangle of square-mesh that was an odd width of squares by an even length of squares (5 x 14), I decided to try one that was an even width of squares by an odd length of squares.
|Rectangle of Square-Mesh – 6 x 11 squares - Starting from the Middle|
I made it with size 20 crochet thread, and used a #8 and a #6 knitting needle.
Before starting the actual netting:
- Fill a netting needle or shuttle with thread or cord.
- Attach it to a foundation loop. To do this:
- Tie a slip knot in the thread or cord coming from the needle or shuttle. Leaving a tail, at least 2 to 3 inches.
- Slip the foundation-loop cord through the slipknot.
- Tie the foundation-loop cord into a circle thereby creating a foundation loop.
- Tighten the slipknot.
- Attach the foundation loop to a tension device.
- Choose a mesh stick.