After finally figuring out how to make a square of Square Diamond Netting, I wanted to make a rectangle of Square Diamond Netting.
wrapped long loop
Wrap the yarn once around the mesh stick by putting it across the front of the mesh stick, around the mesh stick, and up the back side of the mesh stick. Then tie the netting knot in the usual way.
long loop in a long loop
Remove the mesh stick if necessary. Tie the netting knot so the bottom of the long loop is touching the top of the mesh stick.
long loop in a short loop
Tie the knot at the bottom of the short loop by gradually pulling the thread slightly upwards not downwards when ending the netting knot.
DO NOT have the bottom of the short loop touch the top of the mesh stick.
short loop in a short loop
Pull short loop down so the bottom of the short loop is touching the top of the mesh stick. Tie the netting knot in the regular way.
short loop in a long loop
Tie the netting knot in the regular way. The bottom of the long loop is touching the mesh stick
Before starting the actual netting:
- Fill a netting needle or shuttle with thread or cord.
- Attach it to a foundation loop. To do this:
- Tie a slip knot in the thread or cord coming from the needle or shuttle. Leaving a tail, at least 2 to 3 inches.
- Slip the foundation-loop cord through the slipknot.
- Tie the foundation-loop cord into a circle thereby creating a foundation loop.
- Tighten the slipknot.
- Attach the foundation loop to a tension device.
- Choose a mesh stick.