Saturday, July 5, 2014

Edging from The Priscilla Netting Book


This net edging, simply called Edging, is from The Priscilla Netting Book, by Belle Robinson, editor, (published in 1914). An illustration is found on page 33, and the instructions are found on page 48. The instructions include the size of the mesh sticks - 3/8" and 7/8". This makes the edge 7.5 inches long.





I also made a netting sample using a 1/8" and a 3/8" mesh stick. This seemed to me to be better suited for a handkerchief edging since it measures 3 and 3/8 inches long.



UPDATE: I found out the reason for the problem.  Only a week late. It looks like I chose new mesh sticks correctly.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

This month started off with some excitement for me.  The July / August issue of Piecework Magazine included my article about netting and two net bookmarks I designed.

No comments: