Sunday, July 8, 2007

Last of Grandma's doilies now have directions

About 30 years ago I contacted one of my aunts to ask if she would photocopy some of my grandmother's doilies so I could reproduce them. I especially wanted the ones with the pyramid shapes. When I had asked Grandmother about my making one of them (while I was still learning from her) she said that they took too long for me to do at that time. My aunt made the copies and it has taken me this long to re-create all the doilies that were photocopied. This past week I finished the last one. I call it "Holiday - large". It is 17.5 inches in diameter and has over 17,000 knots. ("Holiday - small" is the same except it does not have the last ring of pyramids.)



Saturday evening I finally starched this doily and one I made earlier from a photocopy of Grandmother's doily. I called this second one "Faith - large". It is 18 inches in diameter and has over 14,000 knots. (Yes, there is a "Faith - small" which does not have the last ring of pyramids.)


No comments: